Arugula and Carrot Salad with Cilantro and Maple Ginger Vinaigrette
Recipe contributed by Stephanie Deihl; photo by Tami Ganeles Weiser
servings (8 cups total)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes
This sweet and spicy salad, created for The Weiser Kitchen by Chef Stephanie Deihl, is a light accompaniment to any Asian meal.
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons minced ginger
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Grade B maple syrup
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup vegetable oil
4 cups tightly packed arugula
4 cups tightly packed mixed baby greens
4 scallions, thinly sliced
2 medium carrots (284 grams), peeled and grated on a box grater
¼ cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegars and salt to dissolve the salt. Add the ginger, mustard, and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Combine the oils and pour into the vinegar in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly to emulsify.
- Toss the arugula, baby greens, scallions, carrots, and cilantro in a large serving bowl.
- Add ½ cup vinaigrette or more to taste, and toss to combine.
- Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds and serve.