BLT Roasted Potato Salad
Recipe and photo by Tami Ganeles Weiser
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Made with turkey bacon, this delicious twist on a BLT sandwich makes for a great potato salad.
For the Dressing
2 ounces turkey bacon, Aaron’s Gourmet brand preferred
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
½ teaspoon lime zest
For the Salad
1½ pounds fingerling potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
2 cups baby spinach, packed
1¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoon olive oil
- To Make the Dressing:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Arrange the bacon in one layer and cook until crisp, turning as necessary, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain. When cool enough to handle, cut in ½-inch pieces. Reserve the bacon fat.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of the reserved bacon fat, the oil, vinegar, and lime zest in a medium bowl. Add the chopped bacon.
- To Make the Salad:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Roast the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Toss the spinach, tomatoes and olive oil in a large bowl. Add the warm potatoes. Add dressing to taste. Toss and serve.