Chicken Meatloaf with Pomegranate Tomato Glaze
Recipe and photo by Tami Ganeles Weiser
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
This meatloaf is everyday fare at it’s best. Quick, easy, and altogether different.
To Make the Glaze:
- Whisk the pomegranate tomato sauce or ketchup and brown sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
To Make the Meatloaf:
- Heat 1½ tablespoons olive oil in a small saute pan. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the bread and chicken broth in a medium bowl. Press the fresh bread down into the broth to allow it to absorb all the liquid. Set aside. Place the ground chicken, egg, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the onion, garlic and the bread mixture to the bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Add the meatloaf mixture, pressing lightly to form in pan. Top with pomegranate ketchup glaze.
- Bake until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 1 hour. Alternatively, divide the mixture evenly between 3 mini-loaf pans and bake until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 40 minutes. Allow the meatloaf to set for 10 minutes before slicing.