Recipe and photo by Tami Ganeles Weiser
two-tablespoon servings (2 cups total)
Prep Time: 1 hour Cook Time: 6 minutes
Delicious with so many dishes: gussy up a tart, add it to a drink, or serve it with a meringue.
½ cup water
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
½ cup granulated sugar
- Pour the water into a small saucepan set over medium heat, add the raspberries and sugar, and stir to combine. Cook for 6 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is simmering.
- Remove from the heat. Purée with an immersion blender or carefully transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the purée through a fine-mesh strainer into a heatproof bowl. Cover and chill thoroughly for at least 1 hour before serving.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Once defrosted, the mixture may need a quick whisk or whirl in the blender.
- Try with our Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart or let it shine with a crisp Meringue.
- You can also use it to flavor a drink like the Meyer Lemon and Raspberry Fizz.