Raspberry Sorbet with Dark Chocolate Chips
Recipe and photo by Tami Ganeles Weiser
Prep Time: 5 hours Cook Time: 0 minutes
This is an intensely flavorful treat. Make sure you have the bowl of your ice cream maker chilled and ready to go.
1½ cups water
1 cup sugar
6 cups raspberries, fresh or defrosted frozen
½ teaspoon rose water
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips or chunks (between 60 and 72% cocoa)
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the raspberries, rose water, and lime juice. Blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer set over a large bowl. Press the mixture through the strainer with a rubber spatula to get every last bit of liquid and discard the seeds. Cover the strained fruit and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and spin according to the manual. Remove the sorbet to an airtight container, scraping the beater and frozen cylinder to get all the sorbet.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Serve with plenty of chips!
For best texture, allow the sorbet to soften slightly before serving.