Three Pea Slaw
Recipe and photo by Tami Ganeles Weiser
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes
Vibrant and delicious, this colorful salad is as beautiful to look at as it is to eat.
1 tablespoon lemon vinegar or fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
2 cups snow peas, cut in julienne strips on a bias
2 cups snap peas, cut julienne strips on a bias
½ cup julienned carrot (see Kitchen Tips)
3 to 4 radishes, cut in julienne strips (see Kitchen Tips)
¼ head iceberg lettuce, sliced into thin ribbons
¾ cup pea shoots
1½ teaspoons fresh mint, cut in chiffonade
- To make the dressing, whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly with a wire whisk to combine thoroughly (see Kitchen Tips). Add the mint.
- Combine the snow peas, snap peas, carrot, and radishes in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Just before serving, add the lettuce, pea shoots, and mint and toss well.
- We used a purple variety of carrot because we liked the color.
- When slicing radishes in advance, be sure to store them submerged in ice water to maintain their crisp texture and vibrant color.
- If your bowl wobbles around precariously while you are whisking with one hand and pouring with the other, dampen a kitchen towel and fashion it into a round “nest” on your kitchen counter. Nestle the bowl into it securely and continue whisking and pouring.